How to Dress if You Are Short
A few simple dos and don'ts can give the illusion of extra inches.
1. Wear tops whose details pull the eye down vertically; V-necks are a good choice.
2. Tuck shirts into pants to make your legs look longer, which will make you look taller.
3. Opt for clothes that fit close to your body. Bulky ones - like oversized jackets and tops - will draw the eyes out horizontally.
4. Try slim pants that closely follow your thighs and butt to make you look taller.
5. Wear vertical stripes - for instance, a pinstripe suit.
6. Don short skirts, avoiding skirts that cut slightly below the knee or at mid-calf.
7. Slip into higher-heeled shoes. Letting your cuffless pant legs drape over high shoes will provide an instant look of height.
Try dressing in monochrome, matching your hosiery and shoe color to the rest of your outfit to create an uninterrupted vertical line.
Browse in the petite sections of clothing stores.
Avoid cuffed pants, which can make you look shorter because they visually shorten the leg.
Tips from eHow Users:
Hair length by L. I.
Not having your hair too long makes you look taller. I had hair down to almost my waist, and as soon as I cut it to shoulder length, people told me I looked taller.