A tuxedo can work for anybody as long as its style suits the body type of the wearer. While some guys think that choosing a tuxedo is relatively easy, well, it is not. If you want a tuxedo choice that is appropriate for your body type, you have to consider some things. This article offers a few suggestions to help you in choosing that Perfect-Fitting Tuxedo.
Basically, you should determine your body type. What you should do is to stand in front of a mirror to evaluate your body type. Determine your best features and those that you want to downplay. You have to be honest about since this will inform your choice of tuxedo that is appropriate for you. You can wow people and get noticed in a crowd with a slim fit tuxedo since this perfectly fits your frame.
Here are some of the simple rules when choosing tuxedos, specifically slim fit tuxedos.
- If you are thin and short, make sure that the slim fit tuxedo you choose is designed with a low-button stance. Moreover, avoid heavily constructed tuxedo or a tuxedo with too much material so that it will not appear too bulky for your lean frame.
- If you are bulky and short, a single-breasted tuxedo will be the right choice for you. It is important to make sure that it is not too tight.
- If you are tall and thin, then, you are one lucky fellow since almost all styles of tuxedos will look stunning on your slender frame.
- If you are tall yet muscular, finding a slim fit tuxedo that has neat lines and without lots of bulk is the best choice for you. However, it is important to take note of sizing problems and to be sure that your choice is a well-tailored suit.
As with dress shirts, you can choose either bespoke, made-to-measure, or off-the rack. Bespoke tuxedos refer to highly customized tuxedos, made-to-measure tuxedos are adjusted tuxedos and off the rack tuxedos are ready-made tuxedos.
You might consider choosing bespoke tuxedos as these are fitted to your body requirements. This will cost more than made-to-measure and off-the rack, but will be extremely helpful in the future where the custom tuxedo may come in handy.
Once you have made a choice on this matter, you are ready to choose a fit.
The fact that choosing a fit depends upon the body type of the wearer and his personal preference cannot be emphasized enough. The primary fit styles for Dress Shirts for men are slim fit, extra slim fit, regular fit, and traditional fit.
- Slim fit dress shirts tailored in the arms, chest, and waist provides for a closer and sleeker appearance. This fit style is not connected in any way with having a slim or fat frame. If you prefer high, tight-fitting, and tailored shirts, you are likely to go for slim fit dress shirts.
- Extra slim fit dress shirts are more extreme variation of the slim fit style.