Any formal occasion that has to be attended requires men to wear suits. This makes a fashion statement on its own. There are many shops where you can buy men's suits. You can also order online by looking at their collection on their websites. There are formal suits which are exact for different occasions. You should choose men's suits carefully to fit the particular event.
There are a few important tips that will help you making the right choice.
- The suit should fit the person perfectly. The measurement should be exact. All the important measurements like the neck, the sleeve, the shoulders, the chest, the waist and the inseam should be taken properly.
- The material should be just right. Generally wool is considered the best choice. You get four types of woolen material - tweed, flannel, tropical or worsted. Tweed gives a heavier look and should be worn only by people who are not fat. Flannel is next to tweed in heaviness and is not too good for office wear as it will make you feel hot. Tropical is a lightweight fabric and thus wrinkles easily and requires frequent dry cleaning. Worsted wool is best as it can be worn all through the year. It drapes well and is also very durable.
- The trousers should fit perfectly. It should be stitched in such a way that you can have space to insert two fingers in the waist. You can have pants with or without pleats. They also come in various styles like jeans, cargos, formal and casual wear.
- The length of the trousers is also an important aspect to be considered. It should not be too long or short to make it look perfect. Of course, it is better if it is long then short.
- The sleeve length should be such that it is just at the base of the thumb and shows about half and inch or an inch of the shirt cuff.
- It should be well fitted at the waist. You have jackets with two, three and four buttons. Choose the one you think is right for you.
There are many types of
formal wear for men. There are perfect fitting men's suits. There are designer suits. Then you have the tuxedos, which is the bridal costume for men. The whole attire including the trousers, the coat and the accessories make it look wonderful. Generally there is a silk stripe running down the side. It consists of a black coat with lapels, black pants, black bow tie, black socks, black shoes, a black cummerbund and a white shirt. In places where it is very hot people might opt for a white coat. They are made of wool or polyester. You can have tuxedos that are single breasted with one button or double breasted with two buttons. Designer tuxedos by Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger offer up to four buttons. A tuxedo is worn when you are invited to an occasion by someone. It will not do to just wear a suit.
Zoot suits are generally worn for a dance or a birthday party. It is characterized by being high waisted, wide legged, tight cuffed and pegged trousers. The coat is long and has wide lapels and has wide padded shoulders. It is generally oversized.
Men's overcoat is worn over a suit or business dress. You can choose the length of the overcoat. A long overcoat will look good for a person with a perfect body. It is good to wear an overcoat in cold weather.
Whichever type of men's suit you choose for the particular occasion, you should be sure that it fits you perfectly.